January 02, 2011

Artist Feature ~ Roberto Ferri

Tonight I'm featuring Roberto Ferri, an artist who I came across on Facebook. I had never heard of him before but I'm no art scholar. I'm sure many of you know this artist well. I was completely blown away with this young man's talent. His work is absolutely amazing. I'm posting a short bio of the artist, a few of his many masterful paintings and a viseo. This is just a glimpse into this artist's work, so you will definitely want to visit his web site. The bottom image is a link to his beautifly designed web site to see more of his work and learn more about this incredible artist.
Roberto Ferri was born in Taranto, Italy in 1978. In 1996 he graduated from the “Lisippo” art high school in Taranto. He began studying painting on his own and, after moving in Rome in 1999, he embarked upon an in-depth analysis of antique painting, from the early sixteenth to the late nineteenth century. In particular, he began dedicating himself to the art of Caravaggio and the academic painters (Jaques-Louis David, Jean Auguste, Dominique Ingres, Anne-Louis Girodet, Jean –Louis Theodoe Gericault, Charles Gleyre, William-Adolfe Bouguereau etc.). In 2006 he earned his degree, with the highest grade, from the Academy of Fine Arts in Rome, in the Stage Design course. During his first Three years he studied with Gaetano Castelli, and his last year with Francesco Zito.


I hope you enjoyed.