May 04, 2011

Bill Murray ~ A Caricature Study

Tonight I wanted t get something posted so I did a very quick caricature study of Bill Murray. I was not at all concerned with likeness. I was more concerned with the overall feel, so don't ask me why the likeness is not there. It was an experiment. I think that the fact that I did it so quickly may have helped actually because I kept it loose. I didn't get hung up on the details, which usually tighten me up, and the image ends up looking stiff of forced. I only spent about an hour and a half from the quick liquify sketch to the final caricature manipulation. I've posted the source image below as well as a short video clip from Caddyshack from about 1980, which is the Bill Murray I grew up with. That and SNL.
I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!