May 01, 2013

Pope Francis Caricature Study

I've been meaning to get around to doing a caricature of Pope Francis so I decided to get it done today. The old Pope was much more fun but this was fun too. It's a profile which can sometimes be challenging picking out the features to exaggerate. Anyhow this is what I came up with. I will definitely do more with his big glasses on soon.

I will soon be starting a new caricature of one of my all time favorite living artists, David Jon Kassan. David is a brilliant artist so this will be a treat. When I have the caricature complete, I will also post a feature of David and his work. It's mind blowing and I'm sure you will love it. Can't wait for that.

Yesterday I finalized an agreement with a brand new client, Polvaulting.com. I will be working on a project for this Political Satire site over the next days, possibly weeks. This will be the first of many commissions with this company. We hope to develop an ongoing collaborative working relationship and broaden the site and its global reach. It's going to be fun stuff so make sure you bookmark the site. My first post will probably be in the next couple of weeks.











Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day and be inspired!